Friday, August 1, 2008

Not Related to Knitting in the Least

I'm on an Eddie Izzard kick right now - watching Dress to Kill and peeing myself I'm laughing so hard. It's at the Great Escape bit. Man, this guy is hilarious.
My gossip bitch, Lainey finally added names to the Freebie 5 so I could do my authentic 5. For those of you unfamiliar with the concept of the Freebie 5, it is not actually a Lainey original, but has been around for a long time. They are the 5 men (or women, if you prefer. It's Canada, it's allowed) that, if given the chance, you could shag with absolutely no repercussions from your partner. I have no partner, but I do have a Freebie 5. And my top 2 were never on Lainey's list. I told her she needed to add my #1, but #2 is a new one - he was always in the top 10, but now I'm on an Eddie kick, so he's there. So here, because I know you want this information, is my Freebie 5:


1. Richard Armitage - first introduced to me as John Thornton in the BBC adaptation of North & South (that would be Victorian novelist Elizabeth Gaskell's North & South, not the american civil war version). This man smoulders so well he kicked Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy right off my 5! Then, later, he married the vicar (deliciously funny Dawn French) in the Vicar of Dibley.
2. Eddie Izzard. Fantastic transvestite male lesbian British comedian/actor. Here's a pic of him in male guise. See yesterday for him in his glorious lingerie. You may have seen him in Mystery Men, Ocean's Twelve/Thirteen, or on tv in The Riches. Brilliantly intelligent and ever so funny.
3. Johnny Depp. If you haven't heard of him, you don't live on this planet. Lainey doesn't have him on her 5, because she says that Johnny is forever. I see her point, but I ain't looking for forever. (edit: I feel the need to add, as the intellectual snob that I am, that I have been in love with Johnny since Edward Scissorhands. So for those of you who have only loved him since Captain Jack Sparrow, BIG RASPBERRY!!)
4. George Clooney. Never got it when he was on ER, then I saw him in Out of Sight with the hideous Jennifer Lopez. Now I get it. When I finally get my Basset Hound, he will be named George. I think it's the puppy eyes.
5. Sean Bean. I've been in love with him since seeing him in the Sharpe's series. Most of you know him as Boromir in LOTR. He's generally the hero in his British stuff, and the bad guy in Hollywood. He has been described as 'the thinking woman's bit of rough'. Yum! But he is rough - he just got arrested for hitting his latest wife, but she's saying it was blown out of proportion. Yeah, right. His first wife left him because he loved football more than her. But hey, the 5 is only for 1 night. I could deal with that.

No comments: