Monday, August 18, 2008

sickiepoo

Accompanied my sister, her husband & my niece to the Toronto Zoo on Saturday. Much fun had for all. Avery's favourite animal is the monkey, and they've taught her baby sign language, so she does the sign for 'monkey', scratching under her arms and making little 'hoo hoo' noises. Too funny. She did it at the baboon habitat and won over all that were there. Of course.
Leaving the gift shop, I said to Deanna, 'my throat hurts'. Woke up Sunday morning feeling like absolute poo. The big elephant kind that we saw at the zoo. So I slept pretty much all day, but I'm feeling better.
Also feeling better because I was flipping through the latest Vogue Knitting magazine I picked up (amazing mitten patterns!) and there's a whole focus on Canadian knitting/knitters. One of the designers called herself a typical Canadian knitter, saying she has about 8 projects on the go. I don't feel bad now for having 3 or 4 on the go and more in the planning stages! I'm actually below average - must pull up my socks. Or at least cast them on.

No comments: