Saturday, March 19, 2011

UGH.

I started Paloma last night. I ripped Paloma out 4 times. I have been knitting for over 20 years. But can I figure out what I did wrong? Nope. When you do the math on the stitch pattern, it decreases the number of stitches, but overall I'm supposed to be increasing. If you don't knit, you have no idea what I'm talking about. If you do knit, you're equally confused. The only thing I can think of is that when it says do a purl stitch, it should be knit. That way, the yarn over makes up for the 2 stitches knit together.
But there aren't any errata for this pattern anywhere that I can find! And nobody on Ravelry has said anything about it. I left a comment and hopefully someone will be able to help.
So in the meantime, I started Louisa. No issues at all with Louisa! No, not quite. I cast on 1 size, then measured it and decided that it was going to be too big after all, so I ripped it out and cast on again for the smaller size. 9mm needles and chunky yarn (well, actually 2 strands of dk held together) - this is going to be a breeze!

No comments: