Friday, March 18, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

The life of an ADD knitter. I got it in my head to work on Donegal. Still can't find the bag with all the yarns in it. But, you see, therein lies the problem.
I now want to work on something new.
My Triinu scarf is coming along wonderfully. It's just challenging enough.
I started a new jacket for my niece's birthday, but it's in fairly chunky wool (by my standards, anyway) and on 5mm needles, so it will be ready in plenty of time for her Easterish birthday.
Then I spied this on my bookshelf:

I had started a cute cardigan from this book last summer, but the yarn was so slippery that I hated it. I couldn't get an even tension with it, and I have never in my life, even as a beginner knitter, had problems with my tension. So it got frogged. Note the many post-it notes sticking out of the top of the book, marking patterns I want to do. One of the ladies at Knitting Three Together today noticed that I have them all marked except 3 or 4. LOL!

So I was flipping through it and decided on 2 patterns that I'd like to try first. I figured I'd go to the store and see what I could find.
You guessed it, I came out with yarn for them both.

The first is Paloma. It's a lovely top-down tee with a ribbon laced through the neck. One of the finished pieces on Ravelry has the ribbon tied at the front shoulder instead of the back, which I quite like. I bought some lovely yarn I'd never heard of - Rozetti Soft Payette . It's acrylic, which I don't usually use, but it's soft and lovely and has sequins!!!! Can't go wrong with sequins.


The second pattern is Louisa. It's a lovely long tunic, done in a chunky yarn but in a lace pattern so it doesn't seem so chunky. In the book it's done in Louisa Harding's Thalia, which I drooled over, but has been discontinued. Boo hoo. So the ladies at the store suggested using a dk, doubled. And since it's for summer, I got a cotton. Cabin Fever Cotton Tweed. It's actually a cotton/acrylic blend, so it won't have the weight and dragging down that a pure cotton in this kind of garment would have. The pink is a much warmer shade in person that it appears in the picture.

So now I just need to decide which one to do first! Why do I have the feeling that I'll be flipping a coin?

No comments: