Wednesday, July 30, 2008

No, your eyes do not decieve you

Yes. That is what you think it is. Gold lame yarn. I am not kidding. Do not adjust your set.
I don't even know where one would buy this crap. A woman gave my mother a sweater that she had knit and won 1st prize at some county fair. In her defense, it was amazingly well done, the seams were invisible, yada yada yada. But it was a v-neck cardigan, with gold trim all around the ribbing and - get this - gold argyle down the front. Oy. The main yarn is a beautiful cotton that she told my mum she got in Ireland. So I liberated it. As I ripped the sweater apart, I felt rather guilty. Then I'd get to the gold, and I reminded myself that anyone who knits with gold lame without being ironic deserves to have their work ripped apart.

No comments: