Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cable till you die - or your fingers fall off

Here is the finished front of Cromarty, and one almost finished sleeve. The sleeve is at the point where I need to cast off the sides and continue the saddle up the shoulder. I've never done that technique before; should be interesting. I really need to stretch out the front when I'm blocking; it's waaay to short for my taste. Or maybe not. Maybe when the saddles are put in it won't be so short. Check out the detail on the cabling. I can't wait to wear it and tell people oh-so-arrogantly: I made it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see this one finished. It is gorgeous. Where did you get the pattern??
K1Bird2

The Queen said...

Thank you! The pattern is from Alice Starmore's Celtic Knits book. If you click on the link under the 'on the needles' section, it will take you to Amazon.com and you can see the book.

Anonymous said...

Great work.