Saturday, January 27, 2007

KADD Strikes Again!

Knitting Attention Deficit Disorder - I am a victim, albeit a willing one! No sooner do I get a sweater done, then I'm madly pouring over my books and binders, trying to find something new to knit. I still have 3 baby things on the go, plus a sweater and socks for myself. I just can't help myself!
The way I see it, the Cromarty sweater is heavy and complicated with all the Celtic knots and cables, so I won't have it done in time to wear before it warms up, so why bother rushing through that one?
I am very resentful of most of the babies on the way, because my social life will be coming to a standstill, so, quite frankly, there is a large mental block on the baby stuff (except the stuff for my niece, and there are 2 coming before her, so she can wait).
Socks are my fallback 'portable' knit, so I don't tend to do them except in certain situations.
Therefore, something new is needed! See, I can justify anything. You should see me do chocolate and cheesecake justification!
I have a wack of Sublime (SR Kertzer, discontinued) mohair that I had Karen (my personal knitting goddess) order in for me to do the Belle Epoque sweater, but the variegation on the yarn didn't show the pattern of the sweater well, so I changed to Venus for that one (then had to rip the whole thing out because it was huge). The Sublime is aptly named, and I'm trying to find something to do with it. Maybe I'll just start again on the Belle Epoque.
Or maybe I'll do 2 at once. Wouldn't be the first time!

No comments: