Friday, September 17, 2010

Of course.

I finished the applied i-cord on Samus today. I'm suffering from something more than a cold and less than the flu, but I needed to go into town tonight to get dog food. Nothing worse than an already spoiled rotten dog who's hungry. So while I was in town I stopped at Fabricland to get a zipper and thread to finish it officially.
But, of course, having a foggy head means I bought the wrong kind of zipper. I didn't get a separating kind. What a pain in the butt. But I'm wearing it anyway right now. It's so nice and soft and cozy! I've never knit a sweater in Patons Classic Wool before. The yarn snob in me thought that because it's so cheap (only about $7 for a 100g ball) that it was only good for mittens and hats. I'm so glad to be wrong! I'll totally knit a sweater in it again - in fact, I'm thinking of doing the Vine Yoke Cardigan in it. On Ravelry, there are a few people who knit it up in Classic Wool and it looks great.
But it will have to wait - Christmas knitting needs to happen first. And, of course, I can't post pics of Xmas knitting on here because the family does, on occasion, check out my blog. So posts may suffer soon. Apologies in advance.

No comments: