Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It Begins!

I started the Belle Epoque jumper a couple of years ago, when I was still huge. I did swatch, because I was substituting the yarn, but the swatch (as per the Yarn Harlot's warnings about swatching) was a lying a$$hole. So let's name the swatch Andrew, after my ex-boyfriend who possesses the very same 'qualities'.
As a result of Andrew's lying, the sweater was huge! And this is when I was huge, too! So it was frogged and the lovely Lana Gatto Venus mohair (now discontinued, so no link, sorry!) was added to the stash. I have been wanting to redo it ever since, and now that I'm 80lb lighter, it's time!
So last night I casted on, and in a size small no less! That will give a wee bit of negative ease on it, and I think that will be better instead of loose, which may look a bit shapeless in an empire-waisted tunic. Here is what I have so far, which isn't much, but as usual I came home from school and slept for hours because the freaking apnea still isn't under control and I'm constantly exhausted.


Here is a closeup of the Crocus Bud pattern, as much as it shows after only 1 repeat. But check out those nails! I'm on fire :) !!

No comments: