Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Oh dear.

That didn't take long. Elizabeth is getting boring. I've almost finished the front, and it's all repetition. Same pattern, same colour, boring, boring, boring.


I keep finding excuses not to knit. I actually cleaned the bathroom tonight - and it didn't even need it!!! Never a good sign. Plus I keep looking at the skeins and balls and bags and baskets of yarn lying around every room in my apartment, thinking of the other things I want to do.

Am I alone in this? Getting bored so easily with a project? Is this the ADD manifesting itself through my knitting? This is why I tend to do really complicated things, with either lots of colour work or cabling. This has neither. The centre triangular pattern is brainless, and the sides are just stocking stitch.



I should be a good girl and finish the front before moving on to something else.

Then again, I have been meaning to wind those skeins of silk for a while...
And I have a project planned for nieceypoo...
And I have a newphew (new baby; I think it's a boy, therefore newphew) on the way...

Man, ADD sucks!!

2 comments:

Mom2Avery said...

You must finish it or you'll never get to wear it!

The Queen said...

I know, I know. But ADD is a wicked thing! Besides, I'm working on something for The Child now, so you can't complain.