Saturday, November 28, 2009

Oooo, Romni!!!

Mecca for knitters. Romni Wools. I went for the first time today. It's overwhelming, like I was warned. Hundreds of wools - socks, worsted, sport, chunky, laceweight, hand dyed, variegated, tweed, it just went on and on and on. I did manage to stick to my budget - actually went under! First I bought some Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran - a wool/silk/cashmere blend, in a beautiful rust colour curiously named 'Casket'. I'll be using it to make the Manchester Jacket in the winter '08 issue of Interweave Knits.

And it was 20% off - happy days! On my way down that aisle I made the mistake of touching something (I should have known better!). It was a skein of unbelievable superwash wool, hand dyed, from Indigo Moon in BC, in a colourway called Milk Chocolate. The photo doesn't really do it justice. It's darker than it shows here. It's just gorgeous. It's soft and has a nice twist and the colours are gorgeous. It's a fingering weight, so will make great socks, but I don't know what I'll do with it yet. It was pricey, but worth it just to touch and smell and support a small Canadian wool company!

No comments: